What is financial coaching?
Financial coaching gives you the help you need to reach your financial goals or guidance to overcome a negative situation that you've found yourself in. Financial coaching can help you build a budget, get rid of your debt, organize and plan for your future dreams, deal with collectors and save for college and retirement.
During your coaching session, you'll pick one priority you want to tackle, and that's what we'll work on. After our session, I'll send you my notes from our meeting as well as your next steps, my recommendations and any resources you'll need.
Steps to schedule a session:
- Contact me by phone or email, or purchase a session here.
- We'll begin with a fifteen minute consultation on the phone to discuss the general subject you'd like to cover.
- You will complete payment here and download the paperwork here.
- We'll schedule you session and you'll email me your completed forms.
Click here for frequently asked questions.
How do I know if I need a coach?
1. If you need information - We all want to make the best decisions with our money, but we don't always have all the right information. As a financial coach, I do not sell any financial products. This ensures you unbiased help without worrying about getting a sales pitch as well.
2. If you need hope - Few things kill our hope more than being in the midst of a financial problem. Financial coaching is built to inject hope into your situation and to help you gain the confidence to overcome the scariest problems.
3. If you need motivation - So often we find that we know what we should be doing with our money, but we don't do it. There's a disconnect between our head and our heart. Financial coaching gives you one on one help and accountability. We aren't made to go it alone.
Should couples attend coaching sessions together?
Yes! In fact, I require both of you meet with me together if at all possible. Money problems are the number one cause of divorce in America, and nothing is better than to have both of you on the same page when it comes to money. Learning to do a budget together and to keep to it does wonders for marriages. Can you imagine getting to the point where you don't have money arguments anymore?
If I need help with my money, how can I afford coaching?
Several years ago my wife and I first took Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University class. It cost around $100 and we thought we might be making a bad financial decision by taking the class. Looking back we laugh at ourselves because that class ended up being invaluable to us and our future. Investing a little bit in your financial future now will change your life in dramatic ways. It seems like a lot now, but the peace and wealth that comes from getting your financial house in order are much more than worth it.
Nick and his wife Betsy are both from Tucson, Arizona. Nick has worked at Classical Christian schools as an administrator and teacher since graduating from the University of Arizona. He teaches Latin, History and Algebra. After leading Financial Peace University for the last several years, Nick had the chance to be trained as a Financial Coach by Dave Ramsey's team in Nashville. He has a passion for spreading hope in others' lives the way he and Betsy have experienced it since taking FPU when they first got married. Nick and Betsy have two kids with one on the way!